We are currently open for all regional Victorian visitors!
As per restrictions our Heritage Precinct will be open with all heritage buildings including Lighthouse to remain closed. Cafe and gift shop will be open with history talks running throughout the day – reduced entry fees apply with free entry for children under 16.
Amazing views. Amazing history.
Built in 1848, the lighthouse known as the ‘Beacon of Hope,’ sits 90 metres above the pristine ocean of Bass Strait.
Hundreds of lives were lost along this shipwreck coast – a sad but fascinating history which led to the building of the Lightstation on the cliffs edge.
For many thousands of 19th century migrants, who spent months travelling to Australia by ship, Cape Otway was their first sight of land after leaving Europe, Asia and North America.
- Closed Christmas day
General Admission includes:
A self-guided experience to explore the following, with our history guides at the Lighthouse and at the Aboriginal Talking Hut to share our stories:
- Enjoy daily History Talks at 11am & 2pm (limited to 10 people)
- Native Plant Talks at 12noon and 3pm (limited to 10 people)
- 1848 Cape Otway Lighthouse – as per current restrictions -no interior access at present
- 1850’s Keepers Quarters and Workshop – as per current restrictions -no interior access at present
- 1859 Telegraph Station -as per current restrictions -no interior access at present
- The Talking Hut – as per current restrictions -no interior access at present
- WWII Radar Bunker
- Whale Interpretation Site
- Lightkeeper’s Cafe 10am – 4pm
- Souvenir Shop
Hours: 10am – 4.30pm (last entry at 4pm)
Pricing – PRICE REDUCTION IN STAGE THREE – $8 PER ADULT/ $4 CONCESSION/ CHILDREN UNDER 16 FREE
Due to restricted access to buildings on site we have heavily discounted our entrance fee to our heritage precinct for the duration of stage 3 restrictions.
Keep your ticket and use it again for discount against your next visit! Just pay the difference!
Adult: $19.50 / Child: $7.50 / Family: (2 Adults 4 children) $49.50 / Concession: $17.50
Pre-school Children: FREE
Tour Group Packages
Buy tickets online and SAVE!
Explore our range of tickets available for purchase online through our website.
Hear what our visitors have to say about Cape Otway Lightstation.
John Pastorelli shares his experience at Cape Otway Lightstation.
A family shares their recent experience at Cape Otway Lightstation.
A recent guest shares her experience at Cape Otway Lightstation.